To drive on the limit, it takes confidence and brakes have the key role in it.
GMS SLT (SuperLightTrack) brake discs are sized 305mm x 28mm at front and 292mm x 22mm at the rear. They are the same size as OEM brake discs, so they are plug and play replacement for OEM brake discs, yet they are capable of intense track use. How come?
GMS SLT brake discs utilize thick rotor core which greatly helps with heat management. Thin cores quickly overheat and even increased rotor diameter doesn't help much if rotor is thin, that's why you'll see race cars run very thick, but not too large brake rotors. J-hook grooves provide efficient de-dusting capabilities, heat dissipation and cracking resistance. Thanks to their floating design, the aluminum hubs on both front and rear axle connect to brake disc rings, making them resistant to warping. Brake discs inner venting vanes are directional compared to OEM (non directional), so they provide even more efficient heat dissipation. Entire set is also 490g lighter than OEM brake disc set (frotn and rear), so the reduced unsprung weight is a beneficial too. The lifespan of OEM rotors, especially on track, is very limited. Even moderate track or fast street use can result in premature wear, warping and cracking of the OEM brake discs. GMS SLT brake discs in combination with proper brake pads, will take any track or street abuse you can challenge them with. GMS SLT brake discs are also grey thermo coated to prevent corrosion and keep flawless look for a long time.
Bonus fact: OEM discs, especially rears have much larger brake pad surface than needed, unnecessary increasing the weight of the disc, so we maximized the diameter of GMS SLT brake disc aluminum bells, to save the weight and get a proper looking disc wear, without unused surface pad area.
If you are looking for the best price / performance ratio, brake upgrade system on the market available for your 4C, look no further. The GMS SLT brake discs are it. Or if you are looking for the ultimate braking performance, make sure to check the GMS SLR BBK 330/320 kit.
ALFA ROMEO - 4C - SLT brake discs (305mm / 292mm)
- Thick rotor core for improved heat management
- Floating system with aluminum hubs
- Lightweight 11.870g vs. 12.350g (OEM) per set (front and rear)
- J-hook grooved slots for increased de-dusting capabilities
- Directional cooling vanes for optimal heat dissipation
- High heat withstanding capabilities
- Warping and cracking resistant
- 17'' wheels / rims compatible
- CNC machined T6-6061 aluminum hubs
- Plug and play
- Grey thermo coated for rust corrosion resistance
- Replacable brake disc rings for lesser maintenance costs
- Laser engraved GMS logo
- Fits all Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe and Spider models