GMS carbon rear ducktail hood with optional race wing is here. All the weight reduction and aero downforce increase you'll ever need.
The entire GMS assembly (GMS carbon rear hood 2.990g + GMS carbon rear louver 990g = 3.980g) is more than 3x lighter than OEM assembly (OEM rear hood + OEM rear glass = 12.590g). It provides a significant weight reduction at the most rear, top end of the car, which means lower center of gravity, better weight distribution and less inertia moment. With seamlessly integrated ducktail, the CFD analyze has shown increased aero downforce, yet perfect air flow, to prevent additional aero drag and top speed loss. Side triangular parts of the ducktail are removable to provide mounting space for vertical brackets for optional GMS carbon rear wing. The parts are shaped, to match the 4C's timeless design and make the GMS part looking like an OEM part.
GMS carbon rear hood is 100% pure carbon, without fiberglass core, tempered and cured, made of 2x2 Twill 3k carbon fiber to match the rest of the OEM carbon parts of your 4C. They are available in either raw carbon or optional 3x clear coat finish. Entire GMS assembly is highly detailed and precisely built. The hood includes height adjuster holes, cable guides, tapers, rear lock holes, heat treated engine compartment, and the most important - perfect fit! GMS carbon rear ducktail hood makes a perfect street and track combo, that combines effectivity and enhanced looks, yet it doesn't draw too much of unwanted attention.
With properly CFD engineered and designed ducktail over entire rear trunk, smoothly curved lines and height of about 15 cm, CFD analyze shows 20kg - 30kg of downforce at 160 km/h. For those looking to step up the game in terms of laptimes and aggressive looks, can add optional GMS carbon rear wing, which is mounted to the GMS carbon rear hood and will generate additional 100kg of downforce at 160kmh.
Additionally, for those who want to reduce the weight to the maximum and enjoy benefits of increased engine cooling, less aero lift, aero drag and get more aggressive looks, the GMS carbon rear louver is highly recommended upgrade to go along with this GMS carbon rear hood. Whatever option you choose, this upgrades will provide significantly increased rear downforce and aggressive race car look. Smashing the laptime records or just standing there attracting the views. It will make your 4C a car that you can't miss. Choose whatever fits your style and needs or if unsure talk to us and we'll help you choose the best option for your needs.
The grip is there, just embrace it and feel the downforce.
ALFA ROMEO - 4C - Carbon rear ducktail hood
- More than 3x weight reduction compared with OEM part
- GMS assembly (GMS carbon rear hood 2.990g + GMS carbon rear louver (optional) 990g = 3.980g) vs. OEM assembly (OEM rear hood + OEM rear glass = 12.590g.)
- Increased aero downforce without race wing (CFD estimated downforce 20kg - 30kg @ 160 km/h)
- Integrated rear hood ducktail with seamless design.
- Improved weight distribution and inertia moment.
- Low drag profile and CFD analyzed design for optimal airstream.
- Designed to replace OEM rear hood.
- High precision built carbon part for perfect fit.
- 2x2 Twill 3k carbon fibre, tempered and cured.
- Pure carbon, without fiberglass core.
- Optional natural carbon glossy finish with 3x clear coating.
- Optional GMS carbon race rear wing (1650mm span, 225mm chord)
- All aluminum T6-6061, incognito black anodized brackets
- Laser engraved logo
- Adjustable attack angle (3° - 12°)
- Increased aero downforce with race wing (CFD estimated downforceover 100kg @ 160 km/h)